Paack is an avant-garde technology start-up in the logistics sector. It was founded in 2015, and since then, the company has experienced strong global growth and it currently operates in 70 cities across different countries such as Spain, UK, France, and Portugal. Our success is backed by renowned European investors.
We believe the future of e-commerce deliveries is a customer-controlled system that schedules the distribution according to clients’ preferences. Additionally, our approach blends the last mile delivery experience with an environmental-friendly service. Paack wants to establish the combination of the two as the new market standard. Hence, we ensure clients receive their parcels in a time that suits them while contributing to sustainability.
Our product ecosystem was designed in-house allowing both technology and operationality to integrate perfectly, delivering parcels more efficiently. This results in unprecedented outcomes, offering our retail clients a competitive advantage whilst reducing the impact of their carbon footprint. Due to previously mentioned reasons, some of the best retailers (Amazon, Inditex Group (Zara), H&M, El Corte Inglés, etc) have chosen Paack as their exclusive partner.
Our team of Paackers is multicultural, multilingual, and highly qualified. We enjoy the challenges of scaling a global technology and logistics business, facing them with ambition.
In accordance with our corporate values: We Care, We Thrive, We Innovate, Paack is looking for inspiring people, people who love to grow exceeding expectations and challenge the status quo.
Paack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive.
What you will do☝
We are seeking a Line Haul Manager to join the team immediately.
As a Transport Manager, you will report directly to the Operations Director UK. You will coordinate Paack's line-haul and pick-up network. Your main duties will include:
- Building and coordinate line-haul /pick-up networks (Retailers to Paack, Intra-Paack depots)
- Finding the most efficient ways to serve multiple cities in the UK from Paack’s major hubs
- Establishing deep relations with our line-haul partners as well as onboarding new ones
- Ensuring compliance with the company policies and understanding legal requirements
- Managing line-haul/pick up P&L through effective planning and reporting
- Planning contingencies in case of vehicle breakdowns or network delays
What we look for 🕵️♂️
- Training in Logistics / Transportation / Supply Chain
- Good knowledge of UK logistics
- Wide range of logistics contacts in UK (line-haulers)
- Ability to work under pressure and autonomously in a rapidly evolving environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and decision-making skills
- Highly motivated and results-oriented person
- Excellent negotiation skills
- High English level in both oral and written skills
- Willingness to travel
What we provide 🤝
- Permanent contract
- Immediate start date
- Paid holidays: 26 days
- Notice period: 3 months, on completion of a probationary period
- Laptop, phone, and extra equipment provided from the start date
- Amazing showcase new West London UK HQ and primary distribution center
- 1 min walk from Central line underground station (Perivale - 20 mins to Central London)
- On-site electric superchargers
- Fun and supportive learning environment